Wednesday, 19 August, 2026
Wednesday, 19 August, 2026

Family welfare visitor: HC questions cancellation of recruitment test results

Staff Correspondent, dhakadiplomat.com
  22 Jan 2024, 20:38

The High Court today questioned the legality of a government decision that cancelled the results of the recruitment tests for the posts of family welfare visitors under the Directorate General of Family Welfare (DGFW) even after holding the relevant written and viva tests last year.

The court issued a rule asking the government to explain why the decision should not declared illegal and fixed February 13 for hearing on the rule.

The HC bench of Justice Mustafa Zaman Islam and Justice Md Atabullah issued the rule following a petition filed by four candidates for the position, challenging legality of recruitment process cancellation.

Petitioners' lawyer Jyotirmoy Barua told The Daily Star that the DGFW issued a circular on March 10, 2020, for recruitment of 1,080 family welfare visitors.

The candidates sat for the written test under the circular and its result was published on May 11 last year.

According to the result, 7,621 candidates qualified and their oral test was held from May 25 to June 11 last year.

However, result of the viva voce is yet to be published.

Meanwhile, DGFW issued a notification on January 14 this year cancelling the results of the written test saying that irregularities took place, Barrister Jyotirmoy said.

He said the notification is illegal as it has not cited any specific reasons.

Assistant Attorney General Md Selim Azad represented the state during the hearing of the petition.

 

Comments

  • Latest
  • Popular

9 Bangladeshis killed in Kolkata hotel fire

Foreign workers in Bangladesh must receive salaries through local bank accounts: Bangladesh Bank

India wants ‘constructive, forward-looking’ ties with Bangladesh: MEA

Stay alert to rumor spreaders, PM urges, pointing to past records

Bangladesh seeks ‘conducive environment’ for PM Tarique's visit to India

US threatens Iran with 'economic isolation, like the world has never seen'

PM declares Mirza Fakhrul as President candidate from BNP

47 dead as 7.4-magnitude earthquake strikes Colombia, buildings collapse

Fresh start needed to strengthen Bangladesh-India ties: Home Minister

Indian High Commissioner Trivedi meets PM Tarique

১০
Foreign workers in Bangladesh must receive salaries through local bank accounts: Bangladesh Bank
Bangladesh Bank (BB) has instructed all scheduled banks to facilitate bank account opening for foreign
Stay alert to rumor spreaders, PM urges, pointing to past records
KISHOREGANJ, August 16, 2026 (BSS) Prime Minister Tarique Rahman today called upon the people to remain
PM declares Mirza Fakhrul as President candidate from BNP
Prime Minister Tarique Rahman formally declared Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir as the President candidate from
PM urges all to stay alert against those trying to create chaos
Prime Minister Tarique Rahman today urged the people to stay alert against those trying to